K2 SmartForm client for Activity does not Finish Activity.

• 24 March 2005
  • 2 replies

Badge
After invoking a Workflow Process, I log into the Workspace Worklist (as CarolM) and view the worklist; a client activity is listed. Clicking causes an Authentication popup. After authenticating a second time, the SmartForm displays. After filling out the form and clicking the Finish button, the form does not dim, even though AfterClickAction is set to DisablePage. No Process Data is updated and the Activity does not complete. There also is no change in the K2.net 2003 Server Window.

My first indication of trouble is the Authentication Popup. This did not happen during training. Next, the ASP. Net controls all operate with their code-behind logic. The only thing that fails is clicking the Finish button which is a standard SmartForm Submit button.

How do I fix this?

2 replies

Badge +5
Can you double check your client event "URL". make sure this is correct in terms of host name etc.

also check the smartform properties to make sure you have the correct solution, project, process and activity listed.

maybe post a screenshot of your client event settings in k2 studio and smartform page settings in vs.net
Badge +2
It may be the authentication. The first step is against the IIS server - you should try to make sure, be it through a netmon, or the IIS log, that the request you're making is finally coming through as you. If not, then there's a settings problem either on your client machine or, more likely, on the server that is stopping you from authenticating.

I can't explain, though, why it would just be the final page that does this, if the other pages, on the same site, work fine. You can change the button to client, rather than finish, to see if it's that particular aspect of it that's causing the problem.

pj