Start multiple IPCs in destination rule

• 14 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I have a workflow activity, within which i am using a destination rule, plan per slot(no destinations) to start an IPCEvent, a workflow for each business area, in a sharepoint list.

2 questions please if anyone can help..

1) if i start the IPC event synchronous - it fires off the correct amount of IPC events - 1 workflow for each business area in the sharepoint list, if i do it Asynchronous, it only starts 1 IPCevent. Why is that ? I would have thought it would still iterate through the x business areas in the SP List and start a workflow for each - synch or asynch?

2) The starting synch workflows is  working fine EXCEPT occasionaly - where one of the workflows for a business area just does not start. .. i looked int he logs and saw

'"Error","General","28077","IPCFailedToFetch","K2IPC.Fetch","28077 IPC failed to fetch: IPC Event instance not found","","","COMPUTERNAME:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","11379571","1720b68fbe5b4b3982c895a9e907ab2b",""'

Does anyone know why the above error would occur .. ?

Am i following the correct model to start a workflow for each business area specificed in a SP LIst by doing the synchronous IPC within a destination rule ?

Many thanks for any help

Bill

2 replies

Badge +6

I know this is an old post but just came across it I have seen this behavior before and it has puzzled me as well.

I also have encountered the failed to fetch error just today and opened a ticket on it.

Badge +7

Hello

Have you tried the plan per slot (no destinatio) rule?  This rule could be used for a parent process to start a variable number of child processes using IPC events, have a look at the following article and see if it works: http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.4/Destination_Rule-Destination_Rule_Options.html

Kind regards

Nelly