Multiple Item Action fails in Document Library

Badge +1

Hi community,

I have come across an interesting bug while trying to enhance one of our workflows: It is not possible to use the "multiple items update" action on the name property in a document library. It always errors. While this behavior would make sense if one was actually trying to update multiple items to the same name (as this property has to be unique), it also fails if your filters only return one library item (my filter is on ID). If one uses the "update item" action instead it works but you are not able to capture errors (which I need to do here if I want to capture/resolve a naming conflict - checking for the name beforehand doesn't work always as well, I already do that. I'm trying to get rid of the remaining rare case scenarios where the workflow errors).

Is this behaviour by design?

Many thanks

2 replies

Badge +1

Or the other way round. If this behavior is by design (which I think it shouldn't) - Why can you select "Name" as a field to be updated in the first place?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

this sounds to be a bug.

I'd suggest to report it to

similar problem was already raised several times but never resolved.

https://community.nintex.com/search.jspa?q=%22Error%20Updating%20Multiple%20Items%22