Configure Url Action With a DataLabel or Parameter In Smartforms

Badge +1

Hi there,

I have build a View that has a DataLabel populated via a Parameter. I need the value stored in the View Paramater or DataLabel to construct a URL that the user can redirect to when they click a button on the view. I have tried to construct the Url using the Configure Url Action triggered under the "When Button Clicked" Rule by dragging either the View Parameter or the DataLabel on the "Configure Parameters" Section in the Navigate To Url Window (See attached screen shot).  However the Url parameter does not get populated in the Url that is created. I know the DataLabel and View Parameter are not empty as I display the DataLabel on the View. 

Does anyone have any ideas how I can populate this Url with a Parameter or DataLabel or some other means?

Thanks for your help.

Thamsanqa

15385i13030CF7FFD6567D.png

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi, tham

In a mean time please look into the following documentation below.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Julia

Badge +7

Good Morning Tham,

Give this a shot:

1) Rule for Button Click event

2) under click event add (action) rule to navigate to form: 13733iA80187A27EBBDDE3.png

3) Configure navigate rule and add in your parameter

12861iFC763FB903BA1957.png

Badge +7

If your trying to construct a URL that is external to K2, I generally build that by throwing in a transfer data rule to a hyperlink parameter.  I will type out the URL until I need a variable, then I just drag it in from the Context Browser.  I can then use that parameter in a click event somewhere on the form.

11762i50C2C4C760BD201E.png

Badge +1

Thanks Daerne and Julia!

I soon realised I had a rule that was closing the subview before calling Configure URL. I also used Daerne's suggestion to pre-populate the url beforehand. My solution is working well now