cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy to SharePoint Video file

Hi,

I'm using 'Copy to SharePoint' workflow action to copy a video file between two site collections using Nintex workflow.

For some reason that does not work perfectly well in all cases.

Looking at the video file structure in SharePoint, once video is uploaded a new document set is created for it containing the video file itself plus a thumbnail.

Once 'Copy to SharePoint' is completed the actual video file is copied across, however that is not the case for the original thumbnail image. There is no new thumbnail generated either.

Regards,

Milen

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Copy to SharePoint Video file

Hi Milen,   I had a look at this using Nintex Workflow 2013 and using an asset library. The thumbnail copied across with the examples I tried. Do you have any replication steps for when this issue occurred?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Have re-tested it since then and still experiencing the same issue.

Can you confirm you've deleted original video from source site collection?

Looking at the moved video it's thumbnail is still pointing to the old location.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi,  I deleted the original and I still have the thumbnail for my copied video. Is it a certain type of video file that is causing the issue?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm afraid could not find such relation. Tried with mp4, mpg, wmv, avi.

Initially all got a thumbnail generated, once moved with a workflow and deleted no thumbnails are displayed (since thumbnails at destination were pointing to the old location).

Uploading the same files at the destination via 'upload' OOTB is working all fine.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply