Stack views in a single column?

• 28 May 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm new to smartforms, so sorry if this is a silly question.  I'm trying to put together a simple two column form composed of 5 different views.  One of these views is quite lengthy and takes up the full height of the page.  The other 4 are very short and I want to stack them in a single column next to the long view, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Is this even possible with smartforms?  If possible, I don't want to consolidate the views because they can be re-used in other forms.  

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Jason

I don't believe this is possible OOTB (in 4.6.8 anyway). When adding views to a form you can't add 2 views to the one "zone " on the canvas.  This would be a good feature request to send to K2.

One hack you can use is to add a content control and then point it to another form that has the views stacked on top of each other. This won't allow you to use rules to communicate between the main form and the form on the content control (you can pass parameters to the form in the content control).

You could also play around with Javascript/JQuery to reorganise the views on the form.