cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Copy lookup list choice to another within form based on yes/no checkbox

Jump to solution

I am an advanced SP user but only developing Nintex 6 months. I have a lookup list of vendors.  Users have to pick 5 vendors, so I have 5 sharepoint lookup columns connected to the Vendors list (Vendor 1, Vendor 2, etc.)

I also have 5 "Final Selection" checkboxes next to each Vendor lookup column in the form.  Based on which Vendor they choose as final by checking the "Yes" box next to that Vendor, I need to populate the term from the lookup list to the final vendor choice.  I figured for the final vendor choice I could use the Calculated Value form control to create a formula that would copy the value in the corrosponding Vendor choice from lookup to the Calculated Value field.  Ideally I need a formula that recognizes "Final Selection" yes/no checkbox and only copy the 1 term to the Calculated Value form control field, as they are only supposed to select 1 final vendor choice.

I would even be willing to settle for a drop down list of only the choices seleved from the 5 Vendor lookup lists (looking up to one list), forgoing the "Final Selection" checkboxes.

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Copy lookup list choice to another within form based on yes/no checkbox

Jump to solution

Hi,

Not sure on exactly what you were after but see the attached Responsive form so you can look at the formula.  Just link the lookup control to your list to test.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thank you for sending, but I can't get the zip file into my Nintex environment for security reasons.  I will need someone to write it out for me.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Ok.

Here is a short video video of what it looks like https://youtu.be/WNx6UpnJzjg

The formula is : If(equals(Final Selection,true),parseLookup(VenderLookUp),"")

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

So this one worked, but I have five that I need. I have two below, which works, but I'm struggling to find the formula to add all 5. 

I have 5 columns looking up to the same list. The Lookup lists are called Vendor1, Vendor2, etc. I also have a yes/no checkbox next to each called Vendor1FinalSelection, Vendor2FinalSelection, etc. The default checklist is no, and the rule below copies the term from the lookup list (i.e. Vendor1) to a calculated value if the Vendor1FinalSelection checkbox is checked for yes. The formula below works for the first 2, but I'm struggling to figure out how to add the last 3, to the formula (Named Controls are Vendor1FinalSelection and Vendor1 and so forth through to 5). I suspect I'm not closing something properly.

or(If(equals(Vendor1FinalSelection,true),parseLookup(Vendor1),Vendor1FinalSelection),If(equals(Vendor2FinalSelection,true),parseLookup(Vendor2),Vendor2FinalSelection))

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Why not create a separate rule for each date control that looks at itself and the next one along?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I found one that worked

If(Vendor1FinalSelection,parselookup(Vendor1, "") ||

then I just start over with each!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos