Repeating Section Multi line textbox data is not getting added to xml

• 4 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hello

I am using a multi line textbox - plain text control in a repeating section - when I save my data - the xml does not have the value of Description

201468_pastedImage_1.png

Runtime

201469_pastedImage_2.png

XML data in the sharepoint list column - I have set the column as a multi line text and as Plain text

I am using REST API call to populate the multi line text

NWF$(".myNounModifier .nf-repeater-row:last .charDescription").html(item.Definition);

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RepeaterData><Version />
<Items>
<Item>
<CharValue type="System.String"></CharValue>
<CharRequired type="System.String">Required</CharRequired>
<CharTitle type="System.String">Manufacturer</CharTitle>
<CharDescription type="System.String"></CharDescription>
</Item>
<Item>
<CharValue type="System.String"></CharValue>
<CharRequired type="System.String">Required</CharRequired>
<CharTitle type="System.String">Part Number</CharTitle>
<CharDescription type="System.String"></CharDescription>
</Item>
</Items>
</RepeaterData>

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

kalpana

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

with overwriting HTML/DOM subtree you are destroying a structure that nintex expects for a control. so it doesn't recognize your text as a validd control and do not save it.

examine DOM and change value/text of a proper HTML/DOM element within existing tree.

Badge +4

Thank you for your response

I set the other controls values in the same function as well and they get stored and is retrieved. So I wasn't sure if it is because of html text.

NWF$(".myNounModifier .nf-repeater-row:last .charTitle input").val(item.Characteristics);

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

different control types are modeled different ways in DOM, there is not one general function/selector that would work for all of them.

as I've written you have to examine DOM for every control type separatelly.

Badge +4

Thank you for the pointers. I changed to 

NWF$(".myNounModifier .nf-repeater-row:last .charDescription textarea").val(item.Definition);

and now it gets saved but I have a scrollbar with the control even though it is multi line and resize is set to true!

I guess we can live with that!