cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cucharro
Nintex Newbie

Copy To File Share - Username Question

Jump to solution

I am very new to using Nintex (2013), however I have already created a couple "Notification" workflows using conditions and find it quite intuitive.

I am using a combination of the two solutions shown in the posts below to create a workflow that copies Major versions of documents to a file share for archive purposes.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Copy-a-Major-version-of-a-document/m-p/38764#M...
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Add-sufix-to-output-filename-when-using-quot-C...

For testing purposes, I used my credentials in the Username and Password fields, but I would like these fields to be variable based on the user that is updating the document in SharePoint.

I researched the help files and many posts on this forum, however I can not find any info on this.

Is there a way to use a reference to the current user (or Initiator) to use their credentials in these fields?
How is this normally handled?

Thank-you!nintex-copy-to-file-share-workflow-credentials - Copy.png

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Copy To File Share - Username Question

Jump to solution
Hi,

No the functionality you are looking for is not available.
0 Kudos
cucharro
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response Simon.

Do Nintex admins just normally enter their own credentials in these fields and then all other users use that for authentication?

Sorry if this is a newbie question (but that's what I am) :)

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Yes an admin can create the connection with their credentials and allow others to use it. Another way is to create a specific account for this purpose, kind of like a service account.

View solution in original post

cucharro
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks -  a different account sounds like the best option. I will check with my IT group to see how we can make this work. Thanks for all your help!!

0 Kudos