cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Condition in "Start when items are modified" and "Start when Item is Updated" does not execute some times

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have connected my "Save and Submit" button to "Num" column of type number and returning value 1 .In workflow settings I have mentioned the condition to check if "Num" equals 1 in both "Start when items are modified" and "Start when Item is Updated" but my workflow doesn't always trigger. What can be the cause?

6 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Condition in "Start when items are modified" and "Start when Item is Updated" does not execute some times

Jump to solution

Perhaps you are using a system account. Workflows does not start for system accounts

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Re: Condition in "Start when items are modified" and "Start when Item is Updated" does not execute some times

Jump to solution

No,I am not using the system account.9 times the workflow triggers out of 10 times

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Even i got this problem some times, When i don't use my workflows for couple of days/months, especially on DEV environment. On Live environment it works perfect even if i don't use them months.

In this case i tried to kick start the workflow manually, so next time it picks up automatically.

I think deactivate & activating the Nintex workflows feature might help to fix this problem.

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Yes,I guess you  are right.When I dont use the workflow for some days I can see the error and it doesn't go.I removed the condition and again added that so it started working but I guess something happens to conditions when workflow is not used

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

yes, i used to do same deleting workflow & recreating it. But this is not right fix always, sometime it takes lot of time to create workflows those are too big. so i restarted services/features to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Currently closing the question as the behavior occurs sometimes. In case I get the solution I will again reply on this

View solution in original post

0 Kudos