Error associating reusable workflow to content type

• 2 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +16

Good morning all

I have a full working system on our pre-production environment which has:

1. a number of content types
  2. a number of site collection reusable workflow templates (using the above content types)
  3. a number of associations in site content types > workflow settings

I have come to release these manually to production and have got as far as:

1. creating all the content types
  2. creating and publishing all of the site collection reusable workflow templates (using the above content types)

but when I go to:

site settings > site content types > {choose content type} > workflow settings > add workflow

I get an error - the correlation returns this:

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. 

has anyone come across this issue before?  As I said it is absolutely fine on my other environment and I have no idea where to start looking for the issue.

2 replies

Badge +16

Microsoft came back and said the issue was with this site feature - once deactivated all was OK with associating the workflow:
Metadata Navigation and Filtering
Provides each list in the site with a settings pages for configuring that list to use metadata tree view hierarchies and filter controls to improve navigation and filtering of the contained items.

Badge +1

Hi Cassy,

Was wondering if you could help with my issue. I have a content type hub that I am pushing the workflows from. I have successfully published to to one site collection but the second one is only giving me the Content Type Columns and not the workflows.. Do you think this is related?

Regards