cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Collection Variables not showing in target collection when configuring For Each action

Jump to solution

I am very new with SP and Nintex, please be patient with me as I try to explain what I need to accomplish!

I have a SP data list with about 50 columns. I am trying to create a notification to be sent to an employee when a new item is added to the list. Since very often several new items will be added in bulk it is likely that a simple notification workflow will not work due to SP sending 1 email per new item. Using the directions found in a blog on this site (here) I am trying to get around sending multiple notifications by setting up a Query List action and then using For Each action to loop the data together to send in a notification.

I have created my variables for the collection and (I believe) successfully configured the Query List action. When I move on to the For Each action I have no options for the Target Collection in the dropdown. How do I populate the Target Collection dropdown options?

Thanks in advance for any assistance! Screen shots shared in attachments.

-MJ

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Collection Variables not showing in target collection when configuring For Each action

Jump to solution

ok your variables need to be of type collection (not date and time and list item ID like you have them)

this is not exactly what you want, but may help a bit more with step by step (and I will help wherever I can).

should explain the query list and collection and for each?

Workflow Hero

Re: Collection Variables not showing in target collection when configuring For Each action

Jump to solution

OMGosh, I just knew (read: hoped) it would be something so stupidly simple! They show up in my Target collection now . I skimmed through your link and I think it may help when it comes time to set up the remainder of the workflow.

Thank you so much for your help!