Workflow that automatically logs date and time when a ticket field is changed

Badge +3

I'm building a tracking system within a SharePoint list and using Nintex forms and on the form there is a field for status for the list item (ticket) Open, Assigned, Active, Closed I'm trying to figure out how to build a workflow that will auto log the date and time into a column when the list item (ticket) is created and then moved into a new status.  Like this screen shot I took from another system I found. Any insight is appreciated 🙂 8314i93FDA28739032767.png

2 replies

Badge +4
  • create an external audit log list with all neccessary information that are needed to be logged as columns with a uniqe ID to be included to be refrenced in the last step
  • in the workflow create variables that will correspond to above columns
  • add a create item action that will log each variable above into the list item created
  • add "commit pending changes" action in the workflow
  • if you want to show the log on the form add list view control that is connected to the audit log list and filter with the unique ID created earlier
  • all you have to do now is set workflow to start when items are modified

this is just how i would go about doing this, i havent done this and just wanted to give you an idea on how to approach this

let me know if you need help or if you are stuck

Badge +3

@BigBlockChevy Thank you so much for this! I just saw it now because I had given up on getting help! I am going to try this out and see if I can get it! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out!