cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Check if site sharepoint exist or not

Jump to solution

I have to cheak if sharepoint sub site exist or not without the web service issue.

Can someone here help me please

Thanks

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Check if site sharepoint exist or not

Jump to solution

Do you mean without an error being reported by the Create a Site action? Or web service action? One way to check, is to use the Create a Site action, then configure the error handling. Configure to capture errors, store the outcome if there was an error to a variable, and the text message of the error to a variable. Then after the Create a Site action, add a Set a Condition action, check if an error occurred by using the Yes/No variable that stored the error outcome. If you get a NO (no errors), then move on with the workflow. If you get a YES (site exists), then gracefully handle this exception by one of many ways. Maybe email someone with the stored message and gracefully stop the workflow.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Very good issues with the error message i can have the treatment if i will create a subsite or not .. i will test it thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

this way of handling the process could be judged un efficient by the end user. and other way is to program an event receiver that check if the site exist already in the target destination ?

0 Kudos