How to create a new field value for each checkbox selected

• 19 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I  am working with Nintex Forms (Version: 2.11.2.0). I have implemented a cascading lookup field with multiple divisions checkboxes. I need to create a solution where as for every checkbox selected a new number field is created for it.  The number field is so the user can enter a percentage amount for each Division checkbox selected. Please see the attached screenshot for better comprehension. Ideally I would like to create this solution not using JavaScript or Jquery, but if those are simplest and most efficient solutions, I will give it a go.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.#create a new item for each checkbox selected

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you mean divisions are well filtered by a cascade? ie. their actual number and what divisions are actually listed vary?

how many divisions do we talk about in total?

Badge +1

Yes, the divisions are currently filtered by a cascade. There are a total of 13 divisions, in which I need a separate number field to appear for each division selected.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

then I would suggest to add 13 text fields on the form and show/hide them with formatting rules based on which division is selected

Badge +1

What rule do you suggest I use to identify a value within a multiple checkbox?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

for single division the formula might look like

inArray(DivisionsLookupControl,lookup('DivisionsList','DivisionName','HSC','ID')+';#'+lookup('DivisionsList','DivisionName','HSC','DivisionName'))
Badge +1

Thanks so much!