InfoPath Submit Access Denied SP2a

• 2 September 2005
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
I recently installed SP2a. Since I have installed, I am unable to run a InfoPath process that worked before. When the user goes to submit the InfoPath form, an "Access is Denied" message is displayed.

Also, I tried creating a new process (same project), and I get a different error message of "User cannot be found" for the first destination user. This user exists. I selected the user name from the AD Address book when I set up the destination user.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +9
Hi C,

For the first question: This sounds like a client browser setting, does the error message have a stack trace that you can post for me?

For the seconds question: The fact that the user is in Active Directory is fine however the error is created at the time that the task item gets assigned to a user, that user must be explicitly added as a user in the SPS Site. Please open the Users section in SPS Site and add the user as a site user.
Badge +2
Renier,
I solved the "Access Denied" message by changing my Internet zone security setting to "low" vs. "medium". (I can do this on my VPC, but not in production. - I need to go check the current settings on the production server.)

I don't recall changing any of the Security Settings in IE when I did the install, other than I made sure I could access the internet from my VPC. Does installing SP2a change a setting or require a different setting?

For the "user not found" message, adding the user explicitedly to the SharePoint site did solve that error. Shouldn't it work the same as long as the user is in a group that has access to the site?

Thanks!
Badge +9
Group permission in SPS causes some issues based on the resolving taken place in SPS, I would recommend to add the specific users.
Badge +2
Adding users explicitedly is not a good practice, especially at the portal level. Does this apply only at the WSS site level, or at the portal level as well? Did SP2a change this behavior. I repeatedly get the k2 server error of "user not found" if I do not have the user explicitedly listed in SharePoint, but instead, the user is in a group. I was not getting this behavior before the SP2a install. Did SP2a have an impact?

Thanks.
Badge +9
Hi Christine,

Unfortunatly the issue is not on K2.net side, it is something in SPS that causes this, please have a look at the following discussion http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=393&highlight=http
Badge +2
With further testing, it does seem that if the form is posted to a WSS site, than the user needs to be added explicitedly to the Manage Users list (or, as another post states, the user may only need to access the site prior to K2 trying to resolve the name). If the form is at the PORTAL level, groups seem to work fine. In a previous post in this thread, I questioned if SP2a impacted this. Apparently not. When it worked before, the form was posted to the PORTAL, not to a WSS site.

Thanks.