cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cascading Lookups with External Lists

Jump to solution

Nintex tutorial shows how to use custom lists for cascading lookups(Cascading Lookups Overview in Nintex Forms for Office 365 - YouTube ).
But is it possible to make same thing with external lists that pull data from sql server tables?

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Cascading Lookups with External Lists

Jump to solution

Tim are you using on-prem or o365?  How are you populating that external list?  e.g. are you using something like BCS or did you want to query the SQL table in real time?  Which of the lists needs to be populated from a SQL table?  The lookup list or the cascaded list?

The short answer, for on-prem, is you can achieve the this.  For o365 I'm not sure if this is possible.

If the SQL field is the lookup list:

If you want to query the SQL table directly you will need Nintex Forms enterprise as this is the only version that has the direct SQL lookup control.  For the BCS method you can use Nintex Forms Standard but you need Nintex Workflow Enterprise

For both solutions just create a standard list lookup field from the form designer and reference the SQL control.

If the SQL field is the cascaded list

You'll need Nintex Forms Enterprise.  When you set up the SQL control, you can pass it parameters to limit what is returned by the stored proc or SQL query.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: Cascading Lookups with External Lists

Jump to solution

Hi Tim, Ben,

Hope you are doing well!

I am new to the Nintex and am trying to achieve cascading dropdowns on SQL Request controls. How do I pass Id of the first dropdown value as a parameter to SQL Query of second dropdown?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Priya

0 Kudos