Using Update Multiple Items to set a date to blank

• 28 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I am trying to use the action item Update Multiple Items to set a date field to blank.  It works fine if I use Update Item, but I would like to use the multiple item action item for the error handling capabilities.  In the Update Item action item (the one that works) I was able to set the Date to a value and then leave the value blank.  It works as expected. However, on the Update Multiple Items, when doing the same, it errors out.  In the Update Multiple Items I tried using lookup and setting it equal to a value in another list that I created just to have a blank date value.  It also resulted in an error.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

5 replies

Badge +9

What error text was captured?

Badge +5

If I try to use an empty Single line of text variable:

"Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type."

Trying to use a blank Date and Time variable or a Date and Time variable set to 1/01/0001 or a lookup to a table with a row that has a blank date:

"Error Updating Multiple Items."

Badge +5

It did not work.  The variable logs as 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM. 

The Update item action does work without issues.  It does seem to be a problem with Update multiple items.

At least I'm not the only one struggling with this issue. How can I clear date field via Update Multiple Items

Badge +5

I could not find a a solution while using the update multiple items.  I am using update item for the time being.  Thank you.

Badge +9
I know this post is super old and the links are now all broken, but it still helped me! thanks