Security in Smartform

• 13 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I have 20 different forms and view based on smartbox smartboject. Do i have to apply security in each and every form level or it can be done other way? Please help.

4 replies

Badge +7

what do u want to do actually  ?

Badge +3

I'm told 4.7 will have category security.  Objects in a category can will follow the permissions set on the category.  I might be totally wrong on that as I haven't seen 4.7 yet.

If you use other data sources with permissions set on the tables in the data source, you could set the service instance to inherit permissions instead of using a service account.  I'm not sure how you would do something similar with a SmartBox SmartObject.

A few app accellerators have a good example of how you might implement form or view security.  One approach is to make a smart object or AD group listing the people authorized to access the form.  When the view/form initializes, execute the list method filtered by the current user, and ouput a value to a data label.  Then, if the data label does not contain a value, disable the view, show a message to the user, and navigate to another form or URL.  You could do these rules in a header or footer view to make it easy to replicate, but you'd have to be strategic in the order of the rules to be sure sensitive data is not displayed before you test whether the current user is authorized to view the form.

Badge +6

Did category security make it into the 4.7 release?

Badge +3

Category security did not make it in the 4.7 release.