cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericpainter
Nintex Newbie

Can a notification be sent to an email-enabled SharePoint list?

We are using an email-enabled list (Announcements list) in SharePoint to capture intake for general support requests or form submissions.

For formalized requests that use Nintex Workflows, I've added a notification action send a notification to this email-enabled list. However, even after one business day, the notification does not appear in the target list. I receive no error from the workflow, so I'm thinking there is no issue with sending, but receiving; perhaps there is Exchange-related data the list needs to see in the incoming notification in order to receive it? Just not sure how to tackle this one.

The email-enabled list is able to receive other emails from outlook/exchange without any issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Eric

Specs: SP 2013 on-prem w/Nintex Workflows 2013 Standard edition

3 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can a notification be sent to an email-enabled SharePoint list?

I suggest you to trace the email with your Exchange Adinistrator

0 Kudos
lonesurvivor
Nintex Newbie

Do you have any new information about this behaviour? I tried the same and the email gets stored in the dropfolder of the server, disappears some time later but is never moved to the library.

I found out that I need to activate "Accept e-mail messages from any sender" in the "E-mail security policy"-area in the Incoming E-Mail Settings in the library settings. Then it works.

ericpainter
Nintex Newbie

Nice! I don't recall if I ever got to the bottom of this one, but now we'll know the answer--thanks for posting!
0 Kudos