Server Error Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.

• 28 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Got this error while editing workflow on K2 Appit enabled sharepoint list. Never seen this before. Upon further investigation, it seems like database related issue. Though, I am not certain since all the solution posted thus far related to this error are on Blackpearl. 

Server Error
Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.

Anyone here encountered this? If any workaround please pass it along 

2 replies

Badge +3

Greetings,

Yes, I have seen a few of these server errors before, but because Appit 1.5 is relatively new, most of the instances have been in Blackpearl. 

Could you try a few things for me?

1. Re-Activate the K2 application on that specific site collection again. Since this is working properly in your other site collections, i would assume it might be because this one is out of sync.

To do this, go to Site Contents -> K2 Appit -> near the bottom where K2 Management would be is Activate Site Collection
Hit activate all

Then attempt to edit the workflow again

2. If this doesn't work, I'm wondering if it's because some of the forms used in the workflow are still checked out. Check them in just to be sure.
http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Appit/Cannot-edit-workflow/ta-p/78799

3. Also, could you try creating another test workflow. Just start it manually, and add an email event or something simple that doesn't use the views/forms. See if that works.

4. If that doesn't work, try creating a new list (just 1 column or something simple), start a workflow, add an email event, see if that works. If it does then it might just be your list. I would suggest doing the following to amend this:

Package the solution>>Delete all the artifacts in the SP list>>Redeploy the solution to the list.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Yiyang

Badge +4

1. Re-Activate the K2 application on that specific site collection again. Since this is working properly in your other site collections, i would assume it might be because this one is out of sync.

To do this, go to Site Contents -> K2 Appit -> near the bottom where K2 Management would be is Activate Site Collection
Hit activate all

Then attempt to edit the workflow again
Yes I have tried this and that didn't work

2. If this doesn't work, I'm wondering if it's because some of the forms used in the workflow are still checked out. Check them in just to be sure.
http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Appit/Cannot-edit-workflow/ta-p/78799
Nothing is checked out. I have ensured all the artifacts including views and forms are checked in

3. Also, could you try creating another test workflow. Just start it manually, and add an email event or something simple that doesn't use the views/forms. See if that works. - Yes, I have tried this and it works

4. If that doesn't work, try creating a new list (just 1 column or something simple), start a workflow, add an email event, see if that works. If it does then it might just be your list. I would suggest doing the following to amend this:

Package the solution>>Delete all the artifacts in the SP list>>Redeploy the solution to the list.
Yes, I have started on a brand new list and added workflow which works. 

Appreciate your response.