cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can Nintex O365 Forms be linked to Document sets?

Can Nintex for Office 365 Forms be linked to Document Sets and custom document types?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can Nintex O365 Forms be linked to Document sets?

Nintex is not built for forms similar to InfoPath.  It is built based on the list content type.  You can use it for all types of content types as long as they are based on the list content type. 

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

So you're saying no, that Nintex for O365 can not be used?   That means there's no way to customize a document library form?

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Dave,

I apologize.  I misspoke earlier.  Yes you can associate Nintex Forms with Document Libraries and Document Sets.  What you cannot do is use the Nintex Form with the Form library. 

At least as of yet.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I am still unable to get an O365 Form to open for a Document Set.  I have multiple document sets configured in the library but can't get a Nintex form to open when I open any of the document sets.   I need the form to be triggered for the Document Set ideally but also potentially for the documents within a Document Set.  Can it be linked to the Document Set, the documents within it, or both?  Where does the document set get associated with the form?  Has anybody ever gotten this to work? 

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Dave,

I've noticed something odd. I was able to get the Nintex form to open for the individual documents underneath the document set, but not for the parent container.  Not sure if that was the purpose of it or not, but reporting what is working the way I have it set. 

This makes some sense, but I will keep digging to see if something else turns up.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Eric,

It seems clear that using a Nintex form to edit a document library isn't going to work.  However, I was hoping that I could edit a document within a document set using the Nintex form.   I get the error shown below.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
Community Manager

Dave,
Hang tight. This is something that is being addressed and in the pipeline from what I've seen.  You're not alone in needing that functionality. 

Sorry to send you down a rabbit trail persay.

Not applicable

Hello,

I also have the exact same requirement described here. Can you give us any indication as to when this issue would be resolved?

0 Kudos