Destination users - Plan per destination - All at once

• 11 March 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Please find below the case where we are using a Role for Destination users.

Requestor --------> Helpdesk (Using Role here - Destination users)

Events in Helpdesk Level - Send Mail to all members to Helpdesk, Add Worklist for all (Client Event)

When a request is sent to Helpdesk then

1. A mail should be sent to all the members of the helpdesk.

2. Worklist item should be added to all the members of the Helpdesk. But if a memeber of Helpdesk opens it then the worklist should be removed from the other
members of the helpdesk level1. Also the status of the worklist item should be open for the person who opened it.

Inorder to achieve the above conditions what needs to be set in the destination (Advanced settings)?

I had set the following setting

1. Plan per destination - All at once
2. No of slots - 1
3. Create a slot for each role and group

But when the particualr activity executed we got the below error.

The parameter addresses cannot be emtpy string. Parameter name addresses

Could you please let me know where I am making mistake?

Thank you

Aravindh

5 replies

Badge +3
Accoding to your description and result of hoping , the Destination users avdandced settings is right, but you set destination user sets may be not a ture address in Destination users avdandced setting.
Badge +3

Hi KennyHuang,

Thanks for the mail. I checked and found that I had used Roles for destination users in Helpdesk level. It is a valid role. Role items have been set for the same.

Do we need to set Destination set rule? Is it a mandatory setting?

Thank you

Aravindh

Badge +3

Dear Aravindh

Yes! The Destionation user must need to setting.Because Destination user is on half of the node approval user.If the node don't destination user, the project will deploey failure, and if the destination is invalidation, it will be error as your error clew.

Thanks!

Badge +3

Hi KennyHuang,

Thanks for the mail.

I am sorry. I think my question was not clear. Is Destination set rule a mandatory setting?I have already set the destination user. I think Destination set rule is not mandatory as I am able to build and deploy the workflow.

Thank you

Aravindh

Badge +9

A Destination Set Rule is not required. A Destination Set Rule is typically only used if you have multiple Destination Sets and you want to control which one is used.  If you have just one Dest Set then there should be no rule.

Do all users within that role have valid email addresses?   The error that is being returned seems to complain about not being able to locate an address.