How to use K2 Process Management?

• 28 July 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I am trying to debug a process that is in error on my production machine. It has been suggested that I use the "K2 Process Management" item under the View menu within Visual Studio.

In order to do this, I have started Visual Studio, and opened my project.
Gone to View->K2 Process Management

This has opened up a new window in which I have selected "Production" as my environment

But there are no errors showing up in the error list.

What do I have to do to get the errors to show up in the list? Am I missing a step somewhere?

The help on this is a little lacking, as it appears to have been written for a previous release?

I would appreciate anyone assistance on how to configure this so I can debug a process.

thanks in advance!
PS. I have had a look at this blog http://srikantha.wordpress.com/2007/08/25/fixing-running-workflow-instance-errors/, however it really doesn't help with how to set this up to work properly.

4 replies

Badge +10

I dont know if it will help at all but check out the how to k2 videos i just did

http://k2underground.com/blogs/howtok2/default.aspx

Badge +9
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the link - I have had a look at your videos, and the one on Process Repair is exactly what I am looking to do.

When I go to view the errors in Visual Studio though, there are no errors showing up. This is clearly incorrect, as there are several process instances which are incorrect on my production box.

Any ideas on why they wouldn't be showing up?

Thanks in advance!
Badge +9
Sorry - my mistake!

I have gone over my settings again, and found that the workflow server environment variable was not setup correctly. I have now changed this, and it appears to work OK.

Thanks for getting back to me - I have found your videos to be very informative and helpful - keep them coming!!
Badge +9
Is the identity under which Visual Studio (and hence K2 Process Management) was opened with a K2 Server Admin (as set in K2 Workspace)?  If not I would try granting it.