Deployment Error

• 18 November 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi

I am newbee to K2 BlackPearl. As I am exploring, I created a simple process. It uses a default activity with FormGenerationEvent. The event has actions Approve and Decline. On both the actions, it sends our emails. The project builds successfully. But when I deploy, I get an error

Error 1 Task Error: System.Exception: Forms Generation publishing has failed: Please ensure that if you are deploying this project that you are not attempting to do so on client. Deployment package needs to be created and run on the server in order to publish forms correctly. - System.Exception: There was a problem publishing the generated forms. Please add the generated project to the solution and ensure there are no build errors. Also ensure you have Microsoft Web Deployment Projects addon installed for Visual studio as this could also be a reason for a failed deployment.
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.HasPublishedWebsite()
   at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.FormsGeneration.ClientEventDeploymentTask.Execute()
 C: empK2Denallix Expense ReportDenallix Expense ReportobjDebugDeploymentDenallix Expense Report.msbuild 68 6 Denallix Expense Report

Any help is greately appreciated.

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +2

I installed Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects and also granted Export rights for the user deploying the process to using K2 Workspace Management console resolve the deployment error.