cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
steven_parker
Nintex Newbie

Call Web Service - Not Starting List Workflow

I've created a site workflow to kickoff a list workflow on a particular item.  I don't know why this isn't working...it matches another Site workflow we have completely. 

The URL is the same as the other Site workflow, account is the same, the Item ID I am pulling is the accurate ID for the item in the list I am trying to start the workflow on, the list name is accurate, and the workflow name is accurate.  I've given our workflow "user" FULL permission to the External Certificate list.  I don't get it...it doesn't error out.  It just never starts the workflow on the item. 

I've also changed the List Workflow Settings to "Start Manually", "Start on new items", and "Start on edit"....that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

Re: Call Web Service - Not Starting List Workflow

Hi Steven,

have you verified that the variable CurrentItemIDInt has the correct value? Have you tried using as List Name not the Title of the list but its internal name?

Giacomo

steven_parker
Nintex Newbie

CurrentItemIDInt does have the correct value (of 67 of the one I am testing).  I checked the list as well and that is the ID for that list item.

I have not tried using the List Name as this is my first time using Web Call Service (even though we have Site Workflows that already use it).  How do I identify that?

jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

the internal name of the list is the one you can get from the url when you access it..it should have spaces encoded as %20 and other encoded special character (if there were any when the list has been created).

If you try the Run Now option in the Call Web Service action, replacing the variable with the ID of one of your element, what you get as response?

Giacomo

steven_parker
Nintex Newbie

This is what I get as a response:

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <soap:Body>
    <StartWorkflowOnListItemResponse xmlns="http://nintex.com">
      <StartWorkflowOnListItemResult>ecad28b4-f25e-49a3-92f1-85b7fb39edd1</StartWorkflowOnListItemResult>
    </StartWorkflowOnListItemResponse>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

The workflow didn't execute on the item either even after changing the ID to "67" instead of a variable.

emha
Nintex Newbie

1. try to tick 'Encode inserted tokens' - you have spaces in list and workflow names and it may cause problems.

2. does your workflow have any input parameters?

you do not provide any associationData, I'm not sure whether it can be empty even if workflow doesn't have any input parameters.

try to put there at least:

<Data></Data>
jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

The response you get is the correct one (I've just tried mispelling the list name/workflow name or refererencing one non existing item id and in that case I get an internal server error as response..)

Edit: adding a reply to Marian, in case of no parameter, the associationData may be left empty without issue.. if there are association Data that can be empty, then they have to be specified in associationData section <Data><Par1></Par1></Data>

steven_parker
Nintex Newbie

I just need to kick the workflow off on a specific item in the list. I don't need to pass it any data at this point.

I tried both suggestions above and it still doesn't kick the workflow off.  ID isn't one of my list columns that shown in the view, but I don't think that matters as the Site Workflow still gets the right ID from the list.

0 Kudos
steven_parker
Nintex Newbie

If anyone has any other suggestions I am listening....Still cannot get this to work properly.

Tomorrow, I am going to work with one of our SharePoint gurus to see if it's a server side issue. 

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

Hi Steven,

if you can't get rid of this, you can create a ticket to Nintex Support  in order to further investigate about your issue..

Giacomo