Date field validating +5days

• 16 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Apologies if this is a simple question.

I've added Date/Time "start date" field, but I want it so users can't select within 5 days from form being submitted.

I've tried search prior to asking this. The best I got was Validating, Greater than or equal "Current Date" but defeats the turn around time being 5 days as you can select the same day or next. What would be the best practice to achieve this?

Thank you in advance,

William

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hello Will Holani‌ - 

Welcome to the community and don't worry about the questions... that's why we are all here; to learn!

If I understand you correctly, you want to force the users to select a date that is at least [Today]+5. Is that accurate?

Are you working with Nintex Forms for O365?

You can do this with a validation rule like so:

204644_pastedImage_2.png

This makes the control invalid if the users selects any date that is less than the [Current Date]+5.

You can replace [Current Date] with another field if needed, such as [Created] or some other date field.

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Perfect!! That's what was missing. Thank you Jesse. Yes I'm using Nintex forms for O365. 

Thank you,

William

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Not a problem Will Holani, glad I could help!

Be sure to mark the correct answer so that others can quickly find what worked for you.

Thanks!

Badge +7

Good day Will,

I like Jesse's answer.  It is quick and easy to force a valid date. 

I had to implement something similar for a points nomination solutions for one of my users and we had to try and make it as easy as possible. So just as an option, this is how we did it:

I created a site workflow that ran every morning at about 4:00 and add values to a Possible dates SharePoint list.  I then used this possible date list as a lookup field in my form.  So the users could only see the valid dates

This is just for info.

Badge +9

Jesse McHargue, this does not work on mobile.

Badge
very good explanation, you saved me my life today! thank you :)