cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best practice multiple conditions in conditional branch (O365)

Jump to solution

Hi,

We need to implement a conditional branch step in Nintex Workflows for Office 365. In this conditional branch now we can only check on 1 condition (for example if field X is value 1).

As the workflow is quite complex and we need to check for example if field X is value 1 OR 2 and field Y is value 1. This is not possible in a conditional branch.

Now I want to know what's the best practice to achieve this. We thought about calculating this in a workflow variable or calculate these conditions in the Nintex form, but we don't know what's maybe another way to do this.

Someone has any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Best practice multiple conditions in conditional branch (O365)

Jump to solution

HI Davy,

i think it must be possible in "State machine" action to achieve your concept.. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your feedback! I tried to use the state machine to specify the different 'stages', but I don't find where I can specify conditions.

Do you mean I need to specify the conditions in the states itself? Or how do you see the way to specify the multiple conditions in 1 conditional action?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes you need to specify the condition in state itself..Currently O365 Nintex workflow gives option for single condition only..so based on that condition you need to switch the state.

Note:

While Using state machine means don't forget to use "Exit State machine" at your final stage

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ok thanks. Actually the condition that will switch to a state should be able to have multiple conditions at once. But we'll try to do it this way.

If anyone has another best practice, just let me know!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Davy,

Just wanted to chime in here; We have a feature request for this on our user voice site found here:

conditional branch – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Please be sure to add your vote/comments to this page to add visibility for this feature.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Support for Multiple conditions in conditional branch has been added in June 2015

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hey there - 

Just wanted to jump in here and see if this might be what the OP meant as well ...

Yes, I can add a condition and do "AND" "OR" ... but.. I'd really rather have "999999 OR 888888 OR 45678" rather than having to create a new chunk of expression each time with the same "Current Item" and "Project Number"

I am pretty sure I can't use 999999 || 888888 || 45678

0 Kudos