delegate task for another user

• 23 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi Community,

we have a complex workflow running with multiple approval stages. i want some users to be able to delegate tasks, which are not assigned to them. i read a lot about that users need site owner permissions to delegate tasks which are not assigned to them. As i do not really want to assign site owner permission i wanted to ask if there is any other option. 

The automatic delegation option does not help in that case because we want to be able to react, if a person which has a assigned task is sick or on holidays. 

Thanks for helping

Marco

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Have you seen this?

Badge +2

Why is the solution blank, am I missing something here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

There is no link available to the solution you are referring to. Can you correct this for us?

Badge +2

@sk @vacoder I came here looking for the answer as well and seeing the solution was blank. I looked at the code on the page and managed to scrape what looked like a partial link to an answer out. After a search of that I found this: "in order to view tasks assigned to other users, a user must have at least "Manage Hierarchy" permission levels at the site level which is *technically* correct as that permission level includes permissions applied when "Full Control" is given to a user."

Here is the source link:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/ApproveReject-aspx-page-permissions-quot-You-are-not-authorized/ba-p/81117

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it's worth of reporting all such kind of issues to @eharris04 

it's remaining problem of community platform migration

Badge +17

@emha @mtbrooks 

Thanks for finding the correct link. This issue has been seen with some links that somehow were stripped out when our content was migrated from our old platform to the current one. We appreciate you posting that and what you found to be the solution. 

Cheers