Nintex Workflow is getting into idle state

• 10 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I'm facing an unknown issue in nintex workflow, where one of my nintex workflow is going into idle state in different actions (like Commit pending changes, Update item, set variable etc) each time. And it is not going into further actions. just staying there as it is. I have no idea what to do as it is a old workflow which was running correctly till now.

And the same workflow is working fine in UAT site but not in production.

Please help me in this at the earliest as it is a production workflow.

Thankyou

Divya

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Divya,

as the workflow ran correctly in the past maybe there was an update performed to Nintex Workflow. Can you check if Nintex Workflow has been updated? It also would be good to check if there is a database update missing in your farm as strange behaviour is often caused by missing database updates for Nintex Workflow.

Therefore, could you post the Version of Nintex Workflow and the database version?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +4

Hi Enrico,

Thankyou..

We have updated both Nintex and Database.

Below are the versions

Product version: 3.2.4.0

Database version: 3.1.7.0

Release date: 23 July 2017

SQL Database: SQL Server 2012

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Could you please go to Central Administration and post a screenshot of the screen "Nintex Workflow Database Setup"? It should look like this:

207498_pastedImage_1.png

There must not be a green "update now" link visible next to the database version like in my demo screen. If there is a link, please hit it and see if the error is gone.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +11

Have you tried to restart the SPTimer Service?

Badge +4

Hi Philipp,

Yeah, we have restarted Timer service, IIS service and production server as well.

We have cleared all purge items and also dbo.workflowhistory as well. but o luck.

Hi Enrico,

Please find the screen shot below.

Thankyou

Badge +4

Hi All,

I'm getting this error in "

A process serving application pool 'SharePoint - AsiaPacific-Cloud' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '12052'. The data field contains the error number."

Can anyone please help me with this. What needs to be done here.It is quite urgent, Please help

Thankyou