Import from SQL to SharePoint via K2 Appit

Badge +1

I have searched the forums and documentaion but cannot find a reference guide on setting up a workflow to import data from an SQL Service Instance into a SharePoint List....sounds simple and easy enough but can't figure it out.  I created the SmartObject but really could use some guidance on configuring the setup in the workflow.  I also want mark the item as read somehow in either SQL or SharePoint.  Any ideas or suggestions appriciated. 

2 replies

Badge +9

What methods does that SmartObject have?

Badge +4

Hi Cyrus,

How much data are we talking about here? I have seen from experience that you don’t put relational data in SharePoint. 

In the workflow designer there is a for each loop that you can use to loop trough your SQL data and then publish them to the SharePoint location.

Depending on the location of your SQL server you might need to open some ports for Appit to connect to the SQL instance via the SQL service broker that can be configured in the K2 management pages.

Be careful though on the configuration of looping workflows as it can cause infinite loops which is never good.

As to marking them as read you could just add a Boolean property in SharePoint or in SQL and set it to true once read.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jurie