How to restrict certian users to perform the action on the custom aspx page on their worklist ?

• 28 June 2012
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I have developed the custom task action page which is available for different users group say  for example having two users group out which one can perform the action "Acknowledgment"  and other can only read the acton page but he should not  perform the "Acknowledgment" action. But  i could not find how to make  "Acknowledgment" disable to the particular users group.

Need help......Replays appriciated

Thanks inadvance.

4 replies

Badge +6

As only the destination user will be able to see the task form from the task list and there is no way to sow this from to other user in k2 work list. My approach will be, I will maintain another report which maintains list of active requests process instance. user can click on reach process instance and see the request details ( you can develop a summary page that contain request details in read only). If it is required , then you can maintain custom security on this report. We do have this kind of requirement and maintain in SharePoint to use OOB MOSS security

Thanks

Badge +6

You can set "Denied" to the second group who should not action the task. This can be done from the workspace

Management Console-->K2BOX:5555 >Workflow Server> Processes > YourWorkflowName > ActivityName > ActionName

You can choose "Allow" or "Denied"

Badge +6

Hi

If we assign users “A” and “B” to destination user set in workflow and set “Denied” option to user “B”. Can user “B” see the work list item in his task list ?

Thanks

Badge +6

UserB will still see the task in his worklist, but there wont be any actions available to complete it