How can I change the format of a task?

• 6 September 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +7

Hello all,

I am working with Nintex 2013. I have a 'Request Review' action in my workflow and I tried to edit the field 'Task description'. I typed in a few lines of text and marked the heading thick and everything red.

When I try the workflow and click on the 'click here' Link in the email the text does not look like expected. The heading is thick and red but the rest of the text is not red (it is black).

This happens all the time, some of the changes in the format do not adopt. (Like the thickness works, but the font size doesn't etc.)

Anyone with the same problem? Ideas how to solve this problem?

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Each client (email client, browser, ect..) has the potential to  render markup differently.   Most try their best to render is uniformly but such is the state of the online world.    

What you could do is modify the underlying HTML for the task notification to accomplish what  you need.    If you click the "Edit Source" button which is an option within the task description area, you'll be able to remove the auto generated markup that exists within the task, and specify your own.  I  find that the auto generated markup tends to be the culprit.  

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Did my suggestion help you figure this out?   

Thanks,

Mike

Badge +7

Hi - thanks for your help.

I tried to edit the form, but didn't end up looking the way I wanted it to. Therefore I tried using InfoPath, but faced this probem: 
I want to be on the save side before changing all my forms to InfoPath in case I cannot return to the default form.

Do you have an idea?

Badge +7

Hi ‌!

I was working on other problems in the due time, but still haven't resolved this one. I tried to edit the html source code, but then I get an error. I posted this as a question. (‌)
Have you tried it before? Do you know the problem with the task format (a colleague of mine has the same problem)?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Nina,

I have gotten it to work, but that is with Nintex forms.   Are you still using Nintex forms, or attempting this with InfoPath?

Thanks

Badge +7

I am just using the default form I guess.. I just fill in the text box in the workflow action.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Nina, what email client are you using when you get the task notification?  Can you include a screen shot of what you are seeing?  Also, could you provide the html for what you are putting in the task description?