Store output of field in repeating section as JS variable?

• 12 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I’m not sure how to go about doing this. For a project, I need an "expanding spreadsheet" that I can input the information into. Two of the fields being needing to have their output stored in JS variables to be used elsewhere.

Because the fields don’t really exist until you “Add new row”, I don’t see a way to store the output of the subsequent fields into the JS variable. Do you have any idea how I can achieve this through a repeating section?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

javascript variable for controls in repeating section addresses just control in first line.

to address control in other line you will need to identify controls with CSS class. class selector returns you array of controls, so you will have to be in addition able to identify repeater row to get single value.

but you have provided too little details what exacly you nedd to provide some senseful hint.

as an general purpose example you can look on this https://community.nintex.com/message/48395-re-formatting-repeating-section-of-the-form?commentID=48395#comment-48395