cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow silent errors, or otherwise block "Workflow Errored" on some actions

Is there a way to prevent Nintex Workflow 2010 from sending out "Workflow Errored" messages on specific actions or action sets? I have some cases where the workflow may attempt to do an Update Item on an item which may legitimately be deleted by the time the workflow gets around to updating it. Something like a Try/Catch block?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Allow silent errors, or otherwise block "Workflow Errored" on some actions

Hi Alan,

some of the Nintex actions offer error handling:

Unfortunately, the "Update Item" action doesn't. However you can use "Update Multiple Items" or "Call Web Service" actions to achieve this.

You will need two new variables. The first one needs to be a boolean (yes/no) and needs to be inserted for "Store error occurence in" and a text variable storing the error text.

After your action you place a "Set a condition". You configure the condition to check you boolean variable. If it is true, an error occured and you can chose what to do with your workflow (e.g. sending a mail to your admin containing the error text variable). It won't get cancelled with an "Workflow Errored" state anymore.

Greetings

Philipp

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I do use the error handling in specific actions such as "Update Multiple Items", but was hoping there would be something a bit more flexible.

Now if the "Action Set" action had the ability to trap errors, that would be just perfect.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I posted a request for a Try / Catch type block on User Voice a while ago.  Check out my post here, maybe if it gets more support it'll get noticed: Try Catch Block Structures – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Not applicable

I just took the time to check, and the Action Set container does have that “hide from workflow status” checkbox!

I will for sure upvote your try/catch block feature request. Well, if there is a means to do so, at least.