cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Advantages and uses of Nintex workflow in sharepoint 2013 over designer workflow

I want to implement nintex workflow in my sharepoint 2013 site with infopath But first need to understand what are advantages of nintex workflow over designer workflow, also can we do some coding in this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Advantages and uses of Nintex workflow in sharepoint 2013 over designer workflow

In short the benefits are:

• Drag and drop user interface to quickly create and edit workflows
  • More workflow actions (over 200 in total if you have the Enterprise Nintex Workflow license and use the Nintex Live actions)
  • State Machines and Loops without the need for a dedicated workflow server (uses 2010 engine)
  • Improved end user experience with lots of options to customise input forms and some nice reports\web parts to help users interact with the workflows
  • Browser based so no need to install software on local machines
  • Includes LIVE actions to connect easily with popular services on the internet including Office 365, Twitter, Facebook and Yammer. Send a copy of a file from your local SharePoint to your Office 365 SharePoint.
  • Lazy Approval allows users to reply to workflow tasks via email without needing to connect to SharePoint (great for approval processes where decision makers are often not office based).

There are many more things but for me these are some of the headlines that people get excited about

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Advantages and uses of Nintex workflow in sharepoint 2013 over designer workflow

Also you do not code directly in Nintex Workflow but you can use Visual Studio to create additional workflow actions and inline function which can then be uploaded to your server and become available to use in the Nintex Workflow drag and drop interface.

Accept as Solution Reply