ADService2 and multiple domains

Badge +8

I saw a couple of postings about attempting to get the ADService2 to work across multiple domains. I did not see an actual solution. Has anyone come up with, or is there a solution to this problem?

I added an extra key pair to the xml in the db but it did not work, the service was only able to find users in one of the two domains.

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Please note that if you need to use multiple domains with the ADService you need to modify the service instance registered.

The LDAP and the NetBios configuration values should be semi-colon delimited with the additional domain values. E.g.

LDAP -  LDAP://DC=domain,DC=com;LDAP://DC=domain2,DC=com

NETBIOS - DOMAIN;DOMAIN2

Hope this helps.

Gert

Badge +3

I had a similar problem, I used K2 Blackpearl 4.6.6 and applying the suggested solution sent the K2 Database into a deadlock state.

For anyone who is obliged to try this, please make sure that you have a recent database backup, and prepared to solve a SQL DB Deadlock.

For me, what solved my issue is making sure that all the domains have a "Two-Way trust" between them.

Badge +10

I just applied the suggestion and it worked fine.  There were no database issues like what one of the other posters experienced.  In my case its actually returning users from 2 different forests.