Set value depending on other column in new form

• 19 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi together,

I'm coming with a quite simple question - I guess - but I somehow can't find the best/easiest way to achieve that.

I have a form with a dropdown column 'column1' which has a few choices. In my case it's about the amount of memory (8GB, 12GB, 24GB, .... 128GB). Now I have another column 'column2' where I want to set a value, already in the new form, depending on the choice of column1. E.g. if column1 equals 8GB or 12GB than set column2 to value 'AAA'. If column2 equals 24GB or 36GB than set value column2 to 'BBB' and so on.

I tried to do it with an additional list and lookup fields and with calculated fields without success. I guess there must be a quite simple solution vor that, but i can't see it wink.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

in the new responsive form designer you have a rule option set field value which could set the value of column2:

219650_pastedImage_2.png

Sorry for the screenshot being partially in german.

At the moment this will only work with single line of text columns though. The next version of the responsive forms designer hopefully will expand this functionality.

In classic mode setting values of controls during runtime can be achieved by using JavaScript.

If you don't need the user to edit the automatically set value best way is to have a formula control lookup the text from some background list that contains your pairs of values like 8GB -> AAA.

Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards

Badge +2

I knew there must be an easy way happy.png I'm using responsive forms, so I simply go for the option by rule. Many thanks...

Badge +3

How do you do this if your not using responsive forms