Infopath Process Wizard

• 1 December 2005
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
Hi Folks,

I am really struggleing with the K2 Infopath Process Wizard.
I created an Infopath form with different views and also had to sign it digitally with a certificate cos there is among other things a print function in the form what requires the form to be fully trusted. I published it to a Web Server (we are not using SharePoint in the company, I would prefer it though). So far erverything works fine. I can open the form from the published place as well as other users can. Now I want to create a new Infopath Process in K2.net Studio using the K2 Infopath Process Wizard. Unfortunately there is tons of documentaions and walkthroughs in conjunction with SharePoint but not with the other possibilities. So may be someone could help me guiding me through the Wizard.
1.In the first step I enter the File URL where I published my form.
2.In the next step I choose my K2.net Server as well as my Default View
and the InfoPathService URL (I leave the K2.net Folio Option free, don't
know if I need it)
3.In the next Step I enable all three checkboxes
4.I select the "Save to File" radio button
5.Ok what to do now. Ich choose a view for the first Client Event, but I am
not sure about the "File Path" and "File URL". Can the File path be
any Shared Folder ? and what about the File URL ???
Anyway I enter the Path and URL of which I am thinking they are right
and the wizard finishes successfully. After Exporting and giving
permissions in the Service Manager and checking the InfoPathServic.asmx everything looks fine (there are also the methods of my own webservices included)

BUT if I now try to open the Infopath form from the published Folder I ALWAYS get the message "Infopath cannot create new blank form..." What the Hell am I doing wrong ? It shouldn't be cos of the certificate, I tried it as well with not fully trusted forms.

Sorry for writing that much text but I thought that you may be can understand my problem better when I describe it a bit more detailed.

Help would be appriciated. Thx in advance.

2 replies

Badge +8
BUT if I now try to open the Infopath form from the published Folder I ALWAYS get the message "Infopath cannot create new blank form..."

Could you click on the 'details' button below the error and post the additional information?

If you have digitally signed an InfoPath form and then run the K2.net InfoPath process template, K2Studio makes changes to the InfoPath form which invalidates the signature you applied earlier. You should therefore only sign the form AFTER running the K2.net InfoPath process template against the InfoPath form. You would publish the InfoPath form, run the K2.net Infopath process template from K2Studio and point it to the form in the published location and when that is done, open the InfoPath form from it's published location with InfoPath and sign the form.

Hope this makes sense.
Badge +1
Yep it does. Thx.