How to get the Created By; Value after moving a document in WSS

• 29 October 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Hi, 

I have 2 form libraries in WSS, and K2 Manages the documents in a certain workflow, on a specific activity in the workflow, i need to move the document from the first Form Library to the second. 

The problem is that when the document is moved using the "SharePoint Document" Event wizard, the "Created By" Value of the Document is set the "System Account". 

I would like to know how can i keep track of the Initial "Created By" value of the document after moving it to the second Library.

2 replies

Badge +9

Hmm, have you tried using a SharePoint doc wizard to update the meta data after moving the document?  The originator information should be in the process context and also the MOSS content field.

Badge +4

Hi,

You can always create a datafield and assign the Process Instance Originator field to the datafield before you you do the upload. Then like Johnny said, use the 'Documents Event' to do a update metada and pass the datafield value to the event to update the field with the originator name. If you decide to do it like this you will need to add a extra column to the library that will show you the originator name.

hth,