After update to 0807...udcx connections for InfoPath are broken.

• 6 November 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I was wondering if the K2 update for 0807 does some type of configuring on MOSS that would break existing and newly created udc data connections intended to be used for InfoPath?

The web service methods my udcx files mapped too still work just fine, and will work within InfoPath if I keep the data connection as a web service. But after trying to convert the data connection within Infopath to a .udcx, the InfoPath form tells me it is unable to access the connection.

I did approve the connection as well within SharePoint.

Any help would be great! Thanks! 

3 replies

Badge +11

Do you have a specific error message?  Are you using Forms Services?  Here are several things you can check:

1. Do the users opening your form have enough rights to the data connection library?
  2. If you are using forms services and your web services reside on a different URL domain, you will have to go to the InfoPath configuration in Central Admin to enable cross-domain data connections
  3. InfoPath has a maximum limit on the length of the path to a UDCX; if it is longer it won't work

David

Badge +3

Hello,

Everything was up and running with the udcx data connections and the InfoPath just fine. The only change that occured was the install of 0807 and the configuration the install does to SharePoint (MOSS). 

Badge +5
Have you applied the most current Update (330) to your 0807 installation?