Adaptive List Lookup according to SharePoint list attribute

• 19 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm working on a Nintex form containing several fields including two drop-down lists (List Lookup). The first one is linked to a SharePoint list configured with many attributes (columns) and containing many entries.
The goal is to make the second list values adaptive according to a specific property (SharePoint list column) of the selected entry but not the displayed one on the first drop-down.

I already tried the following workarounds by implementing custom JavaScript:

• Hide or show one of the two superimpose lists lookup linked to various SharePoint lists
  • Adding or removing entries on the second list according to the first list value’s selected by the user
  • Editing second list HTML source list attribute to dynamically adapt connection to SharePoint list

These alternatives do not resolve the issue. In some case they just have not effects on the form or the during the form submission it send more than one value for the second list (due to the hidden list lookup) …

Do you guys have any idea how can I achieve my goal ?

Regards

Jérémy Rouèche

1 reply

Badge +1

This issue has been resolved by using JavaScript to hide/show one of the superimpose lists lookup (second lookup) linked to various SharePoint lists.

JavaScript also manage second lookup list change event to insert the selected value on a temporary textbox field mapped to column at form submission.

Jérémy Rouèche