Make edit form readonly after workflow completes

• 28 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello, I'm using Nintex 2013 Forms and Workflow.

I'd like my list item locked down after a workflow run against it completes. I'd like it to be non-editable/readonly from the edit form.

How would I got about doing this if this is possible?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +17

Mark,

You can use the set item permissions action to change the permissions for a particular person (such as the person who created the item) or for a particular group to whatever permission set is needed.  In your case, you could set it to read only or view only which should help you out.

181180_pastedImage_3.png

Be careful on changing permissions to individual items to ensure that this is the correct and best route to manage permissions by.  There is nothing like having to go back into a big library and edit permissions on individual items.  You may want to change permissions at a group level and manage the groups easier.

181179_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +3

Thanks Eric!

This was really helpful! I was initially looking at the Form settings, when I should have been looking at the Workflow (:

Badge +17

Mark,

Glad to assist.  Keep using the product.  You'll get the hang of it quickly.

Also, if you're somewhat new to the platform, check out my post here - Nintex Hangout on the Nintex Ebook Nintex Hangout - Live from Melbourne (Mar 16th) - Google+