SOAP Error

Badge +2

I just edited a workflow and tried to save it overwriting the previous version and I started getting this soap error: soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> An item with the same key has already been added.

I've renamed the workflow that didn't work.  Exported the workflow and then created a new one and imported it back in, and it didn't work. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would say its a feature issue and you should verify that the features are activated on Site and Web for Nintex. But it also seems that you have been doing a few workflows. Are any other workflows working; able to edit; running fine?

Badge +2

Yes, all other workflows seem to be running fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Then maybe it is an action in the workflow itself that is causing this. This may be why exporting and importing into a new one still has the issue (which is a good test, I would have done that myself too). How big is the workflow to start over a section at a time?

Badge +2

It’s fairly good size. That’s why I exported it. Could it be because I have a State Machine basically within a State machine? I have an action set I use quite a bit for Accounts Payable workflow, but I used this action set that contains a State Machine and placed it within another State machine. Which looks like it should work fine, but ever since I did that it seems to be acting screwy. I think I will reboot the WFE server tonight first to see if there isn’t something funky going on that I’m not seeing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I found this online, did you happen to copy a state machine and paste it within the same workflow?:

"

This issue occurs when you are copying actions such as state machine actions or switch actions. Each of these actions have unique values for the separate branches, which Nintex uses to determine which branch needs to be executed,

If you copy these actions then the unique value will also be copied. To avoid this issue please recreate the actions manually and avoid copying any state machine or switch actions.

Just create a new State machine, but then copy all the actions inside of it.

"

See if that works.

Badge +2

Hmm…I copied an action set which contains a state machine to another portion of the workflow.

Badge +2

That was it…you learn something everyday. Good catch.

Badge +2

Something else I just learned. If you copy each action from within each State of the State Machine you must remember to remove the Change States and add new ones in. It will not allow you to publish the workflow if you copy the Change States from other State Machines.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Awesome, please mark my response as correct so others will know the answer.

Thanks!

Badge +2

I second that. I received the "same key" error message. I hadn't copied an entire state machine, but I did save the contents of individual states into snippets and use those snippets in another workflow. Those snippets contained "change state" actions that were tied to the state machine from the source workflow. As soon as I recreated all the change state actions, I was able to save my workflow.

Thanks for providing this update.