When developing sharepoint solution in Nintex/Sharepoint there is an anomaly that prevents us to save the approver comment to sharepoint (via flexitask action > approval form > multilentext control connection to sharepoint multiline column)
Platform we use is Nintex 2013 & Sharepoint 2016
Better description of the issue:
In nintex workflow we have a flexitask action
that includes nintex approval form
that includes approver comment control (multiline textbox control connected to a sharepoint column)
that does not save its value to sharepoint list column to which it is connected
We tested many things but nothing helped so far:
Strange about the issue is that
* the same procedure on another workflow is working with same configuration and saves values to a sharepoint column flawlessly (triple+ checked)
* when we chenge the control to be of type singleline textbox instead of multiline textbox it works flawlessly on the same form
* removing and adding a new form control multiline text does not change the behaviour
* the same issue is appearing in 3 separate workflows
* alternative way to capture approver comment value via workflow variable (multiline) is also failing - variable stays blank
We are stuck and would really appreciate any suggestion/direction that could push us forward.
Might help but unfortunately did not in our case. 😞
We allready have the "Multiple lines of text" column in sharepoint configured as plain text.
It was set as plaintext when created.
Exact configuration for the collumn is as follows:
Your conclusuion makes sense.
Will proceed now in two way from here:
If there is any conclusion regarding (2) I will write here so that anyone with same problem can benefit.
For now, we reworked the solution from multiline to singleline approver comments. Not exactly a solution but it works...
Tomorrow afternoon we have a support session scheduled and will se how it goes.
None of available tests did succeed in capturing the multiline comment value so far.
Will post back.
From support we got the suggestion to add a delay of 2min before and after the flexitask.
We implemented it and it worked so now we can save the multiline approver comment.
But later I found out that the provider of sharepoint/nintex platform at the same time updated the platform.
So now I can not tell exactly which of the two changes really helped.
Especialy because after removal of all delay actions (one at a time and test each time) at a later time now saving multiline approver comment still works.
Sure looks more that the platform updates solved our issue but not 100% sure.
Hope someone can use this info.