Setting off an action when a view is submitted

• 18 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

Hi

I have an InfoPath form with two views. When the first view is submitted a WorkFlow kicks in and an Approval is sent to Manager A. If Manager A approves and email is sent to the form initiator asking them to fill in the second view.

What I want to happen is that when the initiator then submits the second view that Manager B then gets an approval request to approve.

What's currently happening is that the initiator gets the email to fill in the second view an email to being sent to Manager B at the same time, before the initiator has actually submitted the second view.

I think I need a logic action and I've put a Filter in checking that a field in view two is either pass or fail before moving onto the Approval task for Manager B, but what's happening is upon submission it's just going back to the first stage of the Workflow.

Any ideas?  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think you are starting you workflow on changes, and you only should start it on item creation.

Then you should manage the steps with the workflow.

I think you should have the next actions:

1) Flexi task for Manager A

2) Wait for item change (InitiatorStatus="InitiatorFinishedView2") ( In this instance Initiator should change a column value , for example you could have a column named InitiatorStatus)

3) Flexi task for Manager B

Badge +10

Thanks.

I've set up a field called InitiatorStatus and put a Set field value to change the field to 'InitiatorFinishedView2' then a Filter Action to check if that field = ''InitiatorFinishedView2' which then goes into a Flexi Task. I think I'm nearly there but the email asking the form initiator to fill in View 2 is still going out at the same time that the Approver is saying that the View has been filled in.

I think I need to rejig the order of the Actions so that the 'InitiatorStatus; field is set AFTER View 2 has been submitted. Any suggestions?

Badge +16

why don't you use a "wait for item update" action after the initial approval and set it to when InitiatorStatus = InitiatorFinishedView2?