ExternalInternet Connector for K2 Blackpearl

• 8 February 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

We have a request from a client to make smartforms available extranally and I am well aware of the internetexternal connector license. We have suggested to the client this option and they are happy to purchase the license but this is under some scrutiny as security is going to be an issue.

What I would like to get is some documentation on, and advice from the community about how the security is going to function and what options are available.

• The customer obviously doesn't want to create an AD account for every user that will be using the smartforms so windows STS authentication is out the window. Would we be using Forms STS authentication that could perhaps connect to another DB instance to store user login information?
  • If the above is not an option how would authentication be done to make the pages secure so that only users that have "registered" will be able to sign in (Anonymous authentication is an absolute no go) Would single sign-on be a viable method ?

As you can tell I have almost no knowledge of how this is actually supposed to work so ANY input would be greatly appreciated !

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

So I figured out how the authentication would work for this setup please see this article if you have the same questions as me:

http://help.k2.com/kb001357

This is pretty straight forward and easy to do.

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener

Badge +2

Hi Helgard Wagene, 

I have a client which also happy to have this features, but i just want to know that, how this K2 connector works? Does it comes together with the K2 Blackpearl package? i more towards to the workflow implementation and deployment concern

Best Regards, 

Jacob.C

Badge +2

Hi Jacob. C,

The internet connector is part of K2 Blackpearl as far as I am aware. The feature is restricted by the license type that your client has so they would have to update their license to include the internet connector feature which can be arranged through  K2 support.

I hope this helps !

Kind regards,

Helgard Wagener