Get values from multi-line text field storing repeating section XML data

• 25 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Guys,

I have a Repeating Section where I'm capturing KM's Traveled for multiple trips. I need to extract that amount(KMTravelled) for each line in the repeating section and then add it all up.

I'm storing the XML in a multi-line column in my list, I want to query that XML and get all the KMTravelled field values and then add them all up. I've tried collections and a for-loop on that but I always get the first value only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rudi. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You could do this on your form: sum repeating section base on dropdown choice (you don't even need the conditional portion of this)

Or, in your workflow, how are you getting the values? Can we see a screenshot? Check out this post from Vadim: Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman  about parsing the data out. 

Badge +1

I'm named the repeating section in the form and connected it to a plain text Multi Line Text Field. I want  to loop through the XML in that field and the get all values of "KMTravelled" and then work out the sum. Should I store that XML from the list column in a collection, loop through that and extract the XML? That's what I'm currently doing and I only get the first value then.

Badge +1

I used 2 for loops, added the XML to a Collection in the first loop, then looped through that Collection and counted all the data. 

Thanks for the help!