Dynamic assignment of destinations from SQL using AD groups

• 12 March 2007
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have seen several forum posts from people who want to assign participants from a SQL table, and I understand the techniques explained in these articles. I was interested in a slightly different approach. My application has a similar requirement, but I need to assign participants from SQL that are AD groups of people instead of individuals. I was hoping if I simply specified the SAM Account Name of the group K2 would resolve it to the individuals, but no luck. I can think of several approaches including writing code in K2 (or my application) to do the AD query and resolving the group to individuals, but this didn't seem like an appealing approach.

Has anyone had any experience doing this that can offer some suggestions?

Thanks
don

1 reply

Badge +2
Hi Don,

I hope you're well. The way I would tackle it is with Destination Queues. The way K2 works with assignments is by resolving AD Groups and OU's at design time. If you want resolution at run time, you must use a destination queue. Configure a SQL event to read the SAM Account Name from your DB table then convert the destination rule for your Activity to code and reference the process data field. Make sure to get the value before the Activity which will use it. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Seb