Convert a Decimal value to Date format

• 23 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

We have dates stored in Decimal Format in Our tables. I am trying to display them in date format in my form using conversion function ( to date and time). But the conversion function isnt working and I get the following output for that expression.

NaN-NaN-NaN NaN:NaN:NaNZ

Has anyone else used this expression and got a successful result? It would be really helpful if I got any tips in getting this function to work.

Thanks,

Madhuri.

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi, madhuridevraj

Can you please check the web site below the guy was encountering the same issue, so check it out to see if that can fix the error when converting a decimal value to date format:

http://bytes.com/topic/db2/answers/465990-convert-decimal-date

Regards

Julia

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi madhuridevraj

I had a look into this problem, my findings were that the Expression "To Data and Time (Your Decimal Text Box)" worked fom me.

I am not sure as to what the expression is that you used, as there is possibly another way to achieve the same outcome.

These were my findings:

I added a rule that retrieves the decimal value from a smartobject to a Text Box (1), I then added the expression to another Text Box (2) that converts the Text Box (1)'s value to Date Time and returns it into Text Box (2).

16723iC5B4B1071B9C5829.png

16757iF13C3266DB2DE5F9.png